NIKON ANNOUNCES RETURN OF NIKON PHOTO CONTEST 2020-2021
Photographers invited to submit entries from 22nd October
Amsterdam, The Netherlands 22nd October 2020: Nikon Europe is pleased to announce the return of its biannual international photography competition – Nikon Photo Contest 2020-2021 – with professional and amateur photographers from across the globe invited to submit entries from today.
The Nikon Photo Contest 2020-2021 will feature a photo and a short film competition, both of which will accept entries in the Open and Next Generation categories.
The theme for the Open category is “Connect” where those behind the lens will be asked to explore the meaning and significance of communication, as well as the bonds that connect people to the world. Through their imaging, photographers should express their unique perspective on the ‘connection’ they experience around them.
The Next Generation category, open to photographers 25 years old and younger, will focus on “Passion”. The very meaning of the word evokes action, elicits empathy and has the power to change the future. At times, it can even move the world, which is what this category is all about. Judges will be looking for those images which convey a strong sense of pure and devoted passion, whatever the subject.
This year’s esteemed panel of judges will once again be led by Art Director Neville Brody. An influential figure with a career spanning over three decades, Brody has worked on everything from album sleeves to corporate branding for some of the world’s most recognisable global companies and remains an inspiration for many artists, including young photographers who will lead the next generation.
Nikon Photo Contest is one of the world’s largest photography competitions. It has been held since 1969 and to date, more than 440,000 photographers have submitted over 1.71 million photographic works, making it a truly international event. In the previous (37th) Contest, which celebrated its 50th anniversary last year, a total of approximately 33,000 photographers from 170 countries submitted 97,369 works. The number of applicants and entries was the highest ever.
The Contest is open to all professional and amateur photographers, regardless of age, gender, or nationality. Further details on the Contest categories, as well as information on how to enter can be found on the Nikon Photo Contest website. Winners are expected to be announced in July 2021.
- NIKON OCH DERAS SAMARBETSPARTNER PRESENTERAR VINNARNA I TÄVLINGEN ENVIRONMENTAL PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR 2022
- NIKON SLÄPPER VERSION 1.3.0 AV FJÄRRFOTOGRAFERINGSSYSTEMET NX FIELD
- NIKON UTÖKAR SITT SPEGELLÖSA UTBUD MED EN NY UTGÅVA AV EN IKONISK KAMERA OCH ETT NYTT RETROINSPIRERAT OBJEKTIV
- NIKON LANSERAR HANDGREPPET MC-N10 MED FJÄRRKONTROLLER FÖR FILMARE
- NIKKOR Z 600mm f/4 TC VR S PROFESSIONELLT SUPERTELEOBJEKTIV
- NIKON SLÄPPER FIRMWAREVERSION 3.00 FÖR DEN SPEGELLÖSA FULLFORMATSKAMERAN NIKON Z 9
- NIKON TILLKÄNNAGER TÄVLINGSDATUM FÖR SIN 39:E ÅRLIGA FOTOTÄVLING ”NIKON PHOTO CONTEST”
- NIKON VISAR NY TEKNIK MED Z 9 PÅ ADOBE MAX 2022-KONFERENSEN
- RES ÖVERALLT MED NYA NIKKOR Z 17-28MM f/2.8
- NIKON IMPONERAR MED FYRA VINSTER PÅ EISA AWARD